This Strawberry Basil Smoothie recipe tastes like summer in a glass. It’s rich, sweet, fruity and creamy (even though it contains no dairy or sweeteners.) The best part? The healthy Fab Four combination of protein, fat, fiber and greens will elongate your blood sugar curve and keep you full for hours.
You can use fresh or frozen strawberries in this smoothie. I prefer frozen strawberries because I think it improves the texture.
Try this healthy Strawberry Basil Smoothie today and let me know what you think. Be sure to tag #grownupdish or @grownup_dish on Instagram so I can share your posts.
You can learn more about healthy Fab Four Smoothies and see my other recipes HERE.Print
This strawberry basil Fab Four Smoothie tastes like summer in a glass. It’s rich, sweet, fruity and creamy (even though it contains no dairy or sweeteners.) The best part? The Fab Four combination of protein, fat, fiber and greens will elongate your blood sugar curve and keep you full for hours. You can learn more about Fab4 Smoothies and see my other recipes HERE.
- 1/2 cup of strawberries, fresh or frozen, preferably organic
- 4 or 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 scoops Vital Protein Collagen
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen spinach, kale or other green
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or 1/2 of a small avocado
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts or chia seeds
- 1–2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, coconut milk or a combination
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Slurp it up!
I prefer using frozen fruit as it makes the smoothie colder and thicker. If you use fresh fruit, add a few ice cubes and decrease the amount of liquid slightly.
I keep my greens (spinach, kale, or a combination) in a plastic bag in the freezer. That way I can stock up when they are on sale. Frozen greens never spoil and it’s really easy to break off a small handful to add to my daily smoothies.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: blender
Keywords: smoothie, shake, protein shake,