I brought these herbed goat cheese stuffed mushrooms to a friend’s house for dinner recently and they were a hit. They are suuuuuper easy to make with just a few whole-food ingredients. And you can have them prepped and on the table in about 30 minutes.
These mushrooms are so easy to make, they barely qualify as a “recipe.” Just mix six ounces of goat cheese with a clove of minced garlic, chopped fresh herbs (I had thyme and Italian parsley already in my fridge) and a little parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 for 20 – 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are only 60 calories each. Plus they are vegetarian, sugar-free, gluten-free and keto.
Other Mushroom Stuffing Ideas
If you’re a mushroom lover (like me) you’ll want to try making stuffed mushrooms with other fillings:
- Leftover taco meat and cheddar cheese
- Ground pork or chicken sausage
- Cooked bacon and cheese
Try these Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms and let me know what you think. Be sure to tag #grownupdish or @grownup_dish on Instagram so I can share your posts.
Check out my other favorite appetizer and snack recipes!Print
Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are vegetarian, sugar-free, gluten-free, keto and oh so delicious. Super easy recipe you’ll make again & again.
- 10–12 whole fresh mushrooms (baby bellas or white mushrooms), stems removed
- 6 – 8 oz of goat cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, basil, tarragon or a combination)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Carefully remove stems from mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, mix goat cheese, garlic, chopped herbs and parmesan cheese until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a small spoon to fill each mushroom cap with a mound of cheese stuffing.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes until the cheese is melted bubbly.
- Garnish with more chopped herbs and serve immediately.
- Category: recipe
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 mushroom
Keywords: mushroom, appetizer, stuffed mushroom, goat cheese, vegetarian, gluten-free, sugar-free, keto