There is no food in the world that smells better when it’s cooking than BACON. The smell of bacon makes me so dang happy. And I’m going to show you the easiest way to make bacon in your oven on a sheet pan with no mess.
Cooking bacon can be a big, messy pain in the ass, but it doesn’t have to be. With this method you just pop it in a cold oven and let it do its thing for about 30 minutes. It makes for easy clean-up and comes out perfect every time. You don’t have to babysit it or stand over a splattering pan on the stove.
Another great thing about using this oven method to cook your bacon is that you can make a whole pound (package) at once. If you don’t finish it in one meal, you can save and reheat the cooked bacon strips in the microwave later.
Also, be sure to save your bacon grease when you’re finished cooking. I pour it into a small glass container and keep it in the fridge so that I can add a little boost of smoky bacon flavor when I’m roasting vegetables or searing meats.
Try this crispy sheet pan bacon recipe and let me know what you think. Be sure to tag #grownupdish or @grownup_dish on Instagram so I can share your posts.
Here is the easiest way to make crispy sheet pan bacon in your oven with no mess. Try it and you’ll never go back to standing over the stove.
- One package of bacon (8 – 10 slices)
- Lay out the bacon on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. The bacon slices can be touching but do not overlap.
- Place the sheet of raw bacon into a cold oven.
- Set the oven temperature to 375ºF.
- Let the bacon cook as the oven warms for 30-45 minutes (Check it at 25 minutes & keep an eye on it until it’s browned. The longer you leave it in the oven, the crispier it will be.)
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- (Optional) Pour the bacon grease into a clean glass container and refrigerate for later.
Be sure to check your ingredients if you’re doing a Whole30 and get a bacon that doesn’t include any added sugar or nitrates.
Store leftover cooked bacon wrapped in a paper towel in a plastic bag in the refrigerator or freezer. Reheat for 20 – 30 seconds in the microwave or pop it into the toaster oven before serving.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon, oven bacon, no mess bacon, sheet pan bacon