This Creamy Dreamy Lemon Dressing lives up to it’s name. It’s creamy because it’s made with … wait for it … cream! With only four ingredients (plus the option of your herb of choice), it’s very easy to make and oh so versatile. You’ll want to put it on everything.
Use The BEST Ingredients
When a recipe has minimal ingredients, the quality of those ingredients really matters. Here’s what I recommend:
- Brightland is a premium olive oil and vinegar brand ethically sourced in California. This WOC-owned brand is a cult favorite and known for making the freshest, highest quality olive oil on the market. Brightland carefully sources olives from a family-run California farm, then crafts them into custom-blended oils. Their sole ingredient comes from trees that live on for thousands of years; so you can rest assured that what you’re putting into your body is straight from the earth. It’s grounded. It’s good for you. And it’s never seen a lab. I used the ALIVE olive oil in this recipe. It’s a smooth and grassy cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil ideal for salads, hummus, baked goods, fresh greens, and bread, made with early-harvest Arbequina and Arbosana olives.
- Kalona Supernatural is my favorite brand of organic dairy and their Organic Whipping Cream is superb. They use grass-fed cows, pasture-grazed on small family farms that never use GMOs, herbicides or pesticides. Their products are batch pasturized (never ultra-pasteurized) andnon-homogenized with a delicious cream top. Use their store locator to find it near you.
Serving Suggestions – Creamy Lemon Dressing
Of course you can use this dressing on a simple spring lettuce salad. But it’s also an amazing and versatile sauce. Try it:
- Topping for cold or hot vegetables
- In your favorite pasta salad recipe
- Drizzled over cold poached shrimp or grilled salmon
- Tossed with thinly sliced cucumbers and red onions
- As a french fry dip (trust me on this one!)
More delicious salad dressing recipes
This Creamy Dreamy Lemon Dressing lives up to it’s name. It’s creamy because it’s made with … wait for it … cream! With only four ingredients (plus the option of your herb of choice), it’s very easy to make and oh so versatile.
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (ideally organic)
- zest of one lemon (about a tablespoon)
- juice of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- (optional) chopped fresh herbs – dill, basil, tarragon, chives or a combo
- Put the smashed garlic into a bowl or measuring cup and add the cream. Return the bowl to the refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours to let the garlic infuse the cream. It’ll take on a gentle garlic flavor.
- Remove the garlic from the cream. Add a pinch of salt and a generous amount of freshly grated pepper and the lemon zest.
- Begin whisking the mixture. When it starts to thicken, add the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Keep whisking until it’s light and airy. You don’t want it to be thick like fully whipped cream but you want it to have a creamy texture.
- Add chopped fresh herbs if desired.
- Taste and add additional salt & pepper to your liking.
- Store unused dressing in the refrigerator for no longer than a couple of days.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salad dressing, creamy salad dressing, creamy dressing, lemon dressing, organic dairy, easy salad dressing