- 5 – 6 cups chopped seedless watermelon (about half of a large watermelon)
- 1 cup hulled strawberries
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped or one seedless cucumber, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, de-seeded
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (Use your choice of red wine vinegar, sherry vinegar, white balsamic vinegar)
- 3 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Place all ingredients (except green portion of green onions) in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to do this in batches.
Garnish with the green part of the chopped green onions or an (optional) dollop of sour cream.
Serve chilled (the colder the better.)