Just a few high-quality ingredients and an over-the-top dressing will make this Shrimp Salad with Herb Dressing your favorite go-to summer meal.
And … it’s super duper healthy. In fact it’s Whole30 compliant, keto, paleo, sugar-free and gluten-free. But, most important, it’s super fresh, filling and delicious.
This might be the world’s easiest recipe. If you have a little time, all you do is cook the shrimp, chop up some veggies, and make a simple salad dressing in the blender.
Shrimp Salad Shortcuts
Want an even easier and faster version? Buy pre-cooked shrimp and use your favorite healthy bottled salad dressing. I really like these avocado oil dressings from Primal Kitchen or Tessemaes. This salad is also delicious with my Five Ingredient Whole30 Vinaigrette.
Try this Shrimp Salad with Herb Dressing and let me know what you think. Be sure to tag #grownupdish or @grownup_dish on Instagram so I can share your posts.
Shrimp Salad with Herb Dressing
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: serves 4
Just a few ingredients will make this Shrimp Salad with Herb Dressing your favorite go-to meal. And there are handy shortcuts if you need to make it FAST. This recipe is Whole30 compliant, keto, paleo, sugar-free and gluten-free.
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 pound fresh (or defrosted) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups salad greens (spring mix, romaine, spinach, kale, arugula, or a mix)
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 cup English cucumber, sliced or diced
- 1/3 cup radishes, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup fresh basil
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 green onions
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar, agave or monkfruit sweetener
- salt and pepper
- A few ounces of water to obtain desired consistency
- Heat a skillet or grill pan to medium high. Add olive oil and shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes until shrimp is no longer pink. Set aside to cool slightly and then chop shrimp in to 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place the greens in a bowl, platter or storage container.
- Add the red onion, cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, avocado and shrimp on top of the greens.
- To make the dressing: combine basil, cilantro, mint, scallion, lime juice, olive oil and sweetener in a blender and blend well. Add a few tablespoons of water if mixture seems too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the dressing on the side, or toss it all together before serving.
Serves 2-4 depending on how hungry you are, but can easily be doubled or tripled
To save time, buy pre-cooked shrimp and skip step #1.
You can substitute pre-cooked chicken for the shrimp.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: seafood, shrimp, shrimp salad, meal prep, seafood salad, herb dressing
This is being made this week! Wow!