Believe it or not, it’s faster to scramble an egg than to make a smoothie. And these creamy scrambled eggs, dressed up with arugula, chives and Parmesan are lovely. Easy enough for a weekday morning and also elegant enough for a special brunch. Plus they’re healthy, keto, sugar-free and gluten-free.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon chives or green onion tops, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- small handful of arugula
- Beat eggs and season them with salt and pepper. I sometimes mix them in the blender to get them really emulsified and creamy.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium low heat.
- Add eggs and stir with a spatula until they are almost fully cooked.
- Add chives/green onion, arugula and cheese.
- Transfer to a plate and serve
Feel free to substitute other greens for the arugula (spinach, kale, etc.) or swap try a different type of cheese.
For Whole30 version, omit cheese and add 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast.
- Category: recipe
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: breakfast
Keywords: breakfast, eggs, breakfast scramble, scrambled eggs, breakfast recipe, vegetarian recipe, meatless, gluten free, sugar free, healthy breakfast