Here’s my unbiased RANBANDS for Apple Watch Review. I discovered this company on Instagram and ordered a couple of their Apple Watchbands with my own money. I was so impressed with the quality that I reached out to them for a discount code I could share with you.
CLICK HERE TO SHOP
and use Discount Code Grownup20 to save 20%
Why Everyone Needs An Apple Watch
I’ve had an Apple Watch since the day they originally came out. It’s pretty much a part of my body at this point. If you can see my arms in any photo, you will see that I’m ALWAYS wearing it. In fact, I’m on my second one. I recently replaced my original Apple Watch Version One with a new one (Version Six).
I have the 40mm Series 6 Nike edition in Space Gray. And I have a gazillion watch bands! I’m a girl who likes OPTIONS. If you’ve seen my posts about glasses, you already know what I mean. I like to change up my watch bands to match my outfits, my moods, or the season.
This post is about watch bands, not about the Apple watch, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t share some of the reasons that I love it. Truly, it’s one of my favorite products ever. Here are a few of my favorite features:
- Getting text messages on my wrist. I use this feature a TON when I’m in a meeting, at the gym or driving. I like being able to quickly and discretely look at my wrist and see if it’s something urgent or something that can wait.
- Tracking my daily steps and my workouts. The watch app syncs with Apple Health as well as with my weight loss app, Noom.
- Answering the phone when I can’t find my phone. Sometimes my phone is at the other end of the house, but I can answer on my watch and the sound quality is surprisingly decent.
- App Integration. I can pay for my Starbucks, check into my gym or open my hotel room door right from my wrist.
The Problem With Discount Apple Watch Bands
Over the years, I’ve purchased a few watch bands from Apple and their quality is exceptional. But they’re really expensive. My leather band was $149, and my braided solo loop and the metal Milanese were $99 each. Even the plastic sport bands are pricey at $49 each.
Over the years I tried a bunch of “discount” bands from Amazon, Groupon, and companies I found on social media. Honestly, most of them were not great. They either felt flimsy, the colors were “off” or the materials feel cheap.
My Favorite RANBAND Styles
I recently tried a new company called RANBANDS and their Apple watch bands are excellent. They’re very close in quality to the Apple versions and they have tons of cute colors and styles. They’re based in Austin, TX so the bands arrive quickly (not on a slow boat from China) and they are super affordable. Here are my favorite styles:
- The Braided Loop – I like this style a lot because you buy it based on your wrist size (I’m a small) and there are no buckles or closures; it’s a slip on. That makes it super comfortable. Plus it’s nylon (not plastic) so it doesn’t make my wrist sweaty. It comes in five colors and it’s machine washable.
- Active Silicone – I like this style because of the little holes in it, and the RANBAND was very comparable in quality to my Apple band.
- Sport Silicone – I bought one of these bands in a cute rainbow pattern and I really like it.
- Milanese Loop – This metal style looks really good and it’s very adjustable.
- Leather Link – I ordered this style and the quality was good but I ended up returning it because it was too big for my wrist and I couldn’t get it wrapped tightly enough. If you have a larger wrist, it’s a good option.