In honor of June being Pride Month, and because it’s always good to “eat the rainbow” I give you this amazing Rainbow Salad Jar recipe.
By using a 32 ounce glass mason jar and stacking the ingredients from wettest to dryest (with your greens at the top), you can meal prep these jars once and eat them all week. They will stay fresh in your refrigerator for about five days. When you’re ready to serve, simply turn the jar upside down and pour your Rainbow Salad Jar out on a plate.
These Rainbow Salad Jars are completely customizable:
- Use whatever veggies you like or have on hand.
- Add protein (chicken, shrimp, steak, cheese, tofu, nuts, eggs).
- You can even add chicken salad or tuna salad – just keep it toward the top of the jar, away from the dressing.
- Use your favorite salad dressing. I’m partial to my 5-Ingredient Soon-To-Be-Famous Herb Vinaigrette, but in a pinch I use bottled dressings from Primal Foods or Tessemeae (as they’re both made with clean ingredients and use avocado oil instead of canola oil.)
- Add nuts, seeds, or dried fruit if that floats your boat.
- Based on your ingredient choices these jars can be made Paleo, Whole30, vegetarian, vegan, nightshade-free, AIP compliant, gluten-free, egg-free or nut-free. (You’re the boss, applesauce.)
These 32 ounce jars are the best! I use them to meal prep these salads but they’re also great for storing nuts, beans, granola, etc. And, it’s much cheaper to buy a dozen of them than to buy them individually. I’ve linked to them on Amazon but you can pick them up at most grocery stores as well as Target and Walmart.
I’d love to see a photo of YOUR Rainbow Salad Jar creations. Be sure to tag @grownupdish or @grownup_dish on Instagram so I can share them. And, be sure to search for grownupdish on Pinterest as I’ve recently created pins for most of our recipes. I’d love it if you’d pin them.