There’s a saying that goes “What grows together, goes together.” With peaches and tomatoes in season and plentiful, this super simple Peach and Tomato Caprese Salad is a lovely way to enjoy them. Just four ingredients and it’s on the table in minutes.
- 3 – 4 ripe heirloom tomatoes
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese in bite sized pieces
- 3 – 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- glug of olive oil
- glug of vinegar
- Roughly chop tomatoes, peaches, cheese and basil. Place in a bowl.
- Drizzle with a fruity olive oil and a glug of vinegar*
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Can be served as a salad or a side dish
- Great recipe to take to a picnic or pot luck
- *I had peach vinegar because I’m fancy, but balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar or even plain vinegar will all work. You just want a little hit of acid to balance the sweetness of the peaches.