Traditional cacio e pepe is an Italian staple, but have you ever tried it with zoodles (aka zucchini noodles)? This No Cook Zoodle Cacio e Pepe is light, packed with flavor, and you only need four ingredients: zucchini, parmesan cheese, olive oil and salt/pepper. It literally couldn’t be any easier, especially in the middle of summer when you don’t want to turn on the stove and your garden is overflowing with zucchini.
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper or try M Salt
- (optional) Chopped basil or parsley as garnish.
- Spiralize zucchini noodles and lay them on paper towels for a few minutes to absorb any excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini noodles with olive oil and pepper.
- Add cheese, toss to combine.
- Season with additional salt and pepper (or M Salt) if desired.
Serves two as a main course, or four as a salad/side dish.
- Category: recipe
- Method: salad
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Italian, cacio e pepe, zoodle, zucchini, zucchini noodle, gluten free,