If you want to add a little extra crunch to your table today, try this Mexican Carrot Salad. Just mix grated carrots with chopped pickled jalapeño peppers, a drizzle of olive oil and a little cilantro. Mexican Carrot Salad is vegetarian, vegan, Paleo, sugar-free, gluten-free and Whole30 compliant.
- 2 cups carrots, shredded (see note)
- 2 tablespoons pickled Jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh cilantro (or chives), chopped – for garnish
- Toss shredded carrots with olive oil and chopped Jalapeño peppers. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Top with chopped cilantro or chives before serving.
To save even more time, buy pre-shredded carrots in the produce section of your grocery store.
I really like these Hot and Sweet Jalapeño Peppers from Trader Joes. If you don’t have a Trader Joes nearby, you should be able to find something comparable at your local grocery store. Or you can order them on Amazon.
- Category: recipe
- Cuisine: vegetarian
Keywords: carrot, carrot salad, shredded carrots, mexican carrot salad, vegetarian, side dish