Jilly Dilly crackers are crunchy, savory morsels ideal for snacking or as a topping for soups and salads. The combination of ranch seasoning, garlic and lemon pepper is sublime. And they make a terrific gift!
When I first moved to Cincinnati, Ohio in the 1980’s, there was a lovely sandwich shop that served these sublime garlic dill crackers with their soups and alongside their sandwiches (instead of chips). I loved them so much that I eventually figured out a way to make them at home.
This recipe can be thrown together in less than 20 minutes and once the Jilly Dilly crackers are cooled and stored in an airtight container, they last a long time. Add a bow or a gift tag, and you’ve got the perfect last-minute gift that everyone will appreciate.
Ways To Use Jilly Dilly Crackers
• Sprinkle on top of your favorite soup or chili
• Use on a salad instead of croutons
• Snacking – try them as substitute for chips or popcorn
• Include them on your next charcuterie platter
• As gifts – just package them in an airtight container and add a cute label.
Try these Jilly Dilly crackers and let me know what you think. Be sure to tag #grownupdish or @grownup_dish on Instagram so I can share your posts!
Jilly Dilly crackers are crunchy, savory morsels ideal for snacking or as a topping for soups and salads. The combination of ranch seasoning, garlic and lemon pepper is sublime. And they make a terrific DIY gift!
- 6 cups of soup/oyster crackers (2 bags)
- 1/2 cup vegetable or avocado oil
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Pour crackers into a large mixing bowl.
- In a mixing cup, blend together oil, ranch dressing mix and spices.
- Pour mixture over crackers and blend well.
- Spread crackers on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool thoroughly and store in airtight containers.
- Category: recipe
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oyster crackers, jilly dilly crackers, garlic ranch crackers, homemade crackers, snack food, diy snack, food gift, diy gift