Delicious French yogurt cake is so easy kids can make it. Almost everything gets measured in the yogurt pot & there are endless variations.
1 pot full fat yogurt (120 – 125 grams)
1/2 pot of vegetable oil or melted butter
1 1/2 pots sugar or sugar substitute
3 pots flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon (1 1/2 teaspoons) of baking powder
(optional) zest of one lemon 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Open the yogurt and put it into a medium mixing bowl.
- Then use the empty yogurt cup to measure the vegetable oil, flour and sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients (eggs through baking powder) and stir until combined.
- Fold in any additional ingredients (if desired).
- Pour into a loaf pan, an 8″ x 8″ pan or a round cake pan. I used a parchment paper liner to ensure it wouldn’t stick.
- Bake at 350 F for around 30 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle. You want it to come out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy.
- You can freeze leftover cake or wrap and store it for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: cake, yogurt cake, one pot cake, french yogurt cake, Gateau au Yauort, easy cake recipe,