Honey Harissa Sheet Pan Chicken & Vegetables is so versatile and easy that it’ll become your favorite weeknight dinner recipe. The honey and harissa combine to make a perfect sweet and spicy glaze for the chicken, and it perfectly complements the vegetables. You’ve gotta try it.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 lb Brussel sprouts
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas
- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Olive oil
- Chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or labneh, mixed with a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine honey and harissa in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Chop vegetables into similar sized pieces. See note below about vegetable substitutions.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Halve the lemon
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt & pepper.
- Prepare a rimmed sheet pan covered with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Put chopped vegetables, lemon wedges and chickpeas on sheet pan and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and any other spices of your choosing. Spread in a single layer.
- Clear space for the chicken and nestle the chicken between the vegetables. If the pan seems too crowded you can prepare a second sheet pan and cook the chicken and vegetables separately.
- Using a spoon, spread the top of the chicken with the honey harissa mixture.
- Roast for 20 – 25 minutes until the vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork and the chicken is cooked to at least 165 degrees.
- Remove pan from oven and squeeze the lemon wedges over the vegetables before serving.
- (Optional) Garnish with chopped cilantro and a dollop of greek yogurt or labneh.
- In this recipe I’m using a combination of Brussel sprouts, red onion, sweet potato and chickpeas. But you can substitute lots of other vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, squash, green beans, tomatos, peppers. Use what you have and what you like.
- Use one tablespoon honey and one tablespoon harissa per chicken breast. The same ratio holds if you’re cooking for more people.
- You can substitute pork chops or salmon for chicken but cooking times will vary.
- Category: recipe
- Method: oven
Keywords: sheet pan, sheet pan supper, easy weeknight meal, chicken, harissa, honey, honey harissa, cookie sheet, sheet pan meal, one pan meal