Homemade beet chips have all of the crunchy satisfaction of a potato chip with none of the guilt. And they are ridiculously easy to make.
You can use any kind or any color of beet in this recipe. You’ll want to slice them as thinly as possible. If you have a food processor or mandoline, it will make the task easier, but you can absolutely do it by hand with a sharp knife.
Oven time will vary based on how thick you slice your beets. Be sure to keep a close eye on them as they will burn if you leave them in the oven too long.
Let the beet chips cool completely when they come out of the oven. They will crisp up as they sit.
Try these Homemade Beet Chips and let me know what you think. Be sure to tag #grownupdish or @grownup_dish on Instagram so I can share your posts.
Check out my other favorite snack recipes HERE.Print
Homemade beet chips have all the crunchy satisfaction of a potato chip with none of the guilt. And they are ridiculously easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 4 medium beets, peeled or well scrubbed
- (optional) 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease baking sheet with olive oil or avocado oil spray.
- Using a food processor, mandoline or very sharp knife, slice beets as thin as possible.
- In a bowl, toss beats with rosemary, olive oil and kosher salt.
- Arrange beets in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets making sure that they do not overlap. Bake for 10 minutes, turn sheets, bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let beet chips cool on the baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with another pinch of salt.
- Eat them plain or serve with your favorite dip.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beets, beet chips, chips, vegetable chips, vegetable, crispy