Healthy Weeknight Shrimp Tacos are spicy, flavorful and ready in 30 minutes. Recipe includes Whole30 and gluten-free variations as well as timesaving tips.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 poblano pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Mexican spice blend or taco seasoning
- 1 lime
- 6 corn or flour tortillas (or substitute butter lettuce)
- sliced avocado or guacamole
- sour cream
- shredded cabbage
- pico de gallo
- chopped fresh tomatoes
- chopped picked jalapenos
- chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- Peel and thinly slice onion.
- Cut off and discard the stem of the poblano pepper and remove the core. Quarter lengthwise and then thinly slice crosswise.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper and Mexican spice blend.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium high. Add one teaspoon of olive oil and sautee onions and peppers for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add seasoned shrimp and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the shrimp are opaque and fully cooked.
- Add the juice of half a lime to the hot pan. Toss the shrimp and vegetables to combine.
- Heat tortillas either wrapped in foil in the oven at 350 F or wrapped in a damp paper towel in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Divide shrimp between tortillas (or lettuce leaves) and top with your favorite garnishes.
- Calorie analysis does not include toppings and garnishes.
- For gluten-free or Whole30 version, substitute butter lettuce leaves for tortillas
- Category: recipe
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: shrimp, shrimp tacos, seafood tacos, whole30, glutenfree, healthy tacos, 30-minute meal, grain free, tacos