This Healthy Mexican Coleslaw recipe only takes 15 minutes to make. It features all the flavors of summertime in one crispy, crunchy, savory (and slightly spicy) package. Flavored with my favorite Mexican ingredients (avocado, cilantro, Jalapeño and lime) it’s an ideal side dish for a cookout, potluck, or dinner on the grill. Beyond belng delicious, it’s a super healthy recipe that is packed with fiber and healthy fats. It’s Paleo, Whole30 compliant, keto, vegetarian, sugar-free and gluten-free.
If you just think of this healthy recipe as a side dish, you’ll be missing out. It’s also delicious as a topping for tacos, or grilled steak, fish or chicken.
Try this healthy recipe and let me know what you think. Be sure to tag #grownupdish or @grownup_dish on Instagram so I can share your posts.
- One head of red or green cabbage, shredded or diced
- One cup shredded carrots
- One bunch green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- One Jalapeño pepper, seeds and stem removed
- One ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I like Primal Kitchen brand)
- Two limes
- One bunch cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped cabbage, grated carrots, chopped green tops of the green onions.
- In a blender or food processor combine white portion of the green onions, Jalapeño pepper, avocado, juice of two limes, zest of one lime, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, one bunch of cilantro (stems and all). Process until creamy. If mixture seems too dry, add a few tablespoons of water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine dressing mixture with cabbage mixture. Garnish with sliced Jalapeño
peppers and cilantro.
This is one of those recipes that tastes better the longer it sits so feel free to make it advance.
This recipe also makes an excellent taco topper.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: coleslaw, slaw, Mexican coleslaw, creamy coleslaw, picnic, potluck, side dish