Do you love the flavor of buffalo chicken? Then you’re going to love these healthy baked buffalo chicken meatballs. This easy recipe gives you the delicious taste of buffalo wings with out the greasy mess (or the looooong cooking time.) The meatballs are savory, spicy and so delicious. They’re baked in the oven so cleanup is a breeze. When they’re finished baking just pitch the parchment paper or foil. No pan to wash!
Serve these yummy baked meatballs as an appetizer or a snack along with celery and carrots and a blue cheese dipping sauce. Or pile them on top of greens for a healthy and satisfying meal.
One of my favorite things about this buffalo chicken recipe is that adding the Parmesan cheese gives the meatballs a really nice browned exterior. If you want them even more browned, you can always put them under the broiler for a few minutes after they’ve finished baking. Or you can make them even spicier by drizzling with additional buffalo sauce after they bake.
Try it and let me know what you think. Be sure to tag #grownupdish or @grownup_dish on Instagram so I can share your posts.
Healthy Baked Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 24 meatballs 1x
These healthy baked buffalo chicken meatballs are savory, spicy and oh so delicious. Serve them as an appetizer along with sliced celery and carrots and a blue cheese dipping sauce. Or pile them on top of greens for a healthy and satisfying meal.
- One pound ground chicken thighs (or substitute ground turkey)
- One egg
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Sauce (I like Franks Red Hot)
- One bunch green onions, diced small
- One clove garlic, minced
- (optional) Handful of minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until incorporated.
- Roll into 20 – 25 meatballs. You can use a small cookie scoop for this, but I prefer to use my hands.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes.
These meatballs are GREAT for meal prepping as they freeze and reheat beautifully. They’re also delicious cold.
If you want them even spicier and saucier, drizzle with additional hot sauce after baking.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatballs, buffalo, buffalo chicken, baked meatballs, appetizer