Before I have to winterize my garden, I wanted to share this healthy and easy grilled squash recipe that we’ve been making all summer. It’s the textbook definition of delicious and it’s so simple to throw together.
You can use zucchini or yellow squash. I like to use a combination of both. All you do is slice your squash, drizzle with olive oil and spices. I’m partial to M Salt but you can make your own combination of salt, pepper and garlic.
You cook the squash on the grill for 5 minutes per side. The heat of the grill sears the squash and imparts a sweet and smoky flavor. And of course, you could grill other vegetables at the same time. I love grilled onions and peppers and you should definitely check out my easy no-mess grilled corn recipe.
No grill? No worries. If you don’t have a grill you can use a grill pan on the stovetop.
Try this Healthy & Easy Grilled Squash recipe and let me know what you think. Be sure to tag #grownupdish or @grownup_dish on Instagram so I can share your posts.
This is the healthy and easy grilled squash recipe that we’ve been making all summer. It’s the textbook definition of delicious and it’s so simple to throw together. If you don’t have access to a grill, you can easily make it in a grill pan on the stovetop.
- zucchini or yellow squash, ends trimmed, halved lengthwise
- extra virgin olive oil
- M Salt blend or a mix of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Slice squash and drizzle cut side with olive oil and spices
- Place squash on grill, cut side down for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip squash and continue grilling for another 4-5 minutes until squash is fork tender.
- (Optional) Drizzle with lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. You can also sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Plan on one squash per person.
If you don’t have an outdoor grill, you can make this recipe using a grill pan on your stovetop.
- Category: recipe
- Method: grill or stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled squash, grilled zucchini, grill