Garlic scapes taste like a blend of scallions and garlic and you can turn them into the most amazing pesto. You’ve gotta try this easy recipe.
- 1 – 2 cups of garlic scapes, chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup toasted nuts*
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- (optional) 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 – 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pulse all ingredients (except olive oil) in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Stream in olive oil until you get the consistency you want.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- I used a mixture of walnuts and pistachios because that’s what I had. You could also use pine nuts, cashews or almonds. Or substitute sunflower seeds for a nut-free version.
- Omit cheese to make the recipe vegan.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pesto, garlic, garlic scape, garlicscape, ramps, garlic scape pesto