When I need a little morning pick-me-up, I’ve been devouring this Fab4 Mocha Smoothie. It’s a delicious mashup of cold brew coffee and chocolate with just a hint of sweetness and a little bit of crunch. The best part? No gluten, preservatives and processed junk.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee, espresso or strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 scoop protein powder (I like Vital Proteins or the chocolate flavor from Primal Foods )
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 – 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or substitute coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or substitute peanut butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter)
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, kale or cauliflower
- (optional) 1 Blender Bomb
- (optional) unsweetened cacao nibs or crushed whole coffee beans
- Place all ingredients except cacao nibs in blender and combine until smooth.
- Garnish with cacao nibs or coffee beans if desired
If you don’t have a Blender Bomb just add a little hemp hearts, chia seeds (or both) for some extra fiber.
For nut-free version, substitute sunflower seed butter for peanut butter.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: smoothie
Keywords: smoothie, shake, protein shake, fab four, body love, fab4smoothie, mocha