This Easy Basil Pesto will be your go-to recipe because it’s so versatile and simple. I like to make a ton of it in the summertime when basil is plentiful and keep frozen “pesto cubes” in my freezer so I can use them year round.
- 1 cup nuts (pistachios or pine nuts are my favorite)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups basil leaves (or use a mixture of basil and Italian parsley for milder flavor)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of olive oil
- Place nuts and garlic in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add basil leaves and lemon juice and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse paste.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour in olive oil until the mixture gets smooth and saucy.
- (Optional) Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Omit cheese for Paleo and Whole30 version
- If you use Parmesan cheese, you’ll need less salt
- Some people prefer a mixture of basil and Italian parsley for a less intense flavor
- Category: recipe
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pesto, pistachio pesto, basil pesto, easy basil pesto, easy pesto recipe,