This Creamy Dreamy Lemon Dressing lives up to it’s name. It’s creamy because it’s made with … wait for it … cream! With only four ingredients (plus the option of your herb of choice), it’s very easy to make and oh so versatile.
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (ideally organic)
- zest of one lemon (about a tablespoon)
- juice of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- (optional) chopped fresh herbs – dill, basil, tarragon, chives or a combo
- Put the smashed garlic into a bowl or measuring cup and add the cream. Return the bowl to the refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours to let the garlic infuse the cream. It’ll take on a gentle garlic flavor.
- Remove the garlic from the cream. Add a pinch of salt and a generous amount of freshly grated pepper and the lemon zest.
- Begin whisking the mixture. When it starts to thicken, add the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Keep whisking until it’s light and airy. You don’t want it to be thick like fully whipped cream but you want it to have a creamy texture.
- Add chopped fresh herbs if desired.
- Taste and add additional salt & pepper to your liking.
- Store unused dressing in the refrigerator for no longer than a couple of days.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salad dressing, creamy salad dressing, creamy dressing, lemon dressing, organic dairy, easy salad dressing