Here’s a hack to make Starbucks medicine ball tea at home and save yourself money as well as 30+ grams of sugar.
Let’s Make a Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea at Home
What Is A Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea?
You may have heard that a Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea is just the thing to order when you’re feeling lousy. It used to be on the Starbucks secret menu, and people would order it as the “Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea” or the “Cold Buster Tea”. But Starbucks recently added it to the menu and now you can order this drink from any Starbucks as the Honey Citrus Mint Tea. It includes:
- Steamed lemonade
- Hot water
- Jade Citrus Mint green tea
- Peach Tranquility tea
In order to make this tasty drink at home, I put together frozen lemon/ginger/honey nuggets and add them to brewed tea. You can use them in hot or cold tea (although my preference is hot.)
What Kind of Tea Makes The Best Medicine Ball?
You can make this recipe with any tea that you like. I like to use mint tea or a combination of a fruity tea (peach, passionfruit or rooibos) AND a mint tea bag. But it works just as well with black or green tea.
Check out my other drink recipes.
Use this copycat recipe to make Starbucks medicine ball tea at home and save money as well as 30+ grams of sugar.
- One knob of fresh ginger cut into 1″ portions
- 3 lemons, peeled
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
- tea bags
- Blend the ginger, honey, lemons and water in a blender or food processor until well combined.
- Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Use the tea bags and boiling water to make a strong cup of tea.
- Add one of the frozen cubes to your cup and stir until well combined.
- When the cubes are frozen you can remove them from the tray and store them in your freezer in a plastic bag.
- You can also put the frozen cubes into iced tea.
- Totally up to you if you peel the ginger. I didn’t.
Keywords: tea, starbucks, medicine ball tea, starbucks hack, cold remedy, tea recipe, honey citrus mint tea, copycat recipe, starbucks recipe