These chocolate dipped gluten-free peanut butter cookies are so delicious you will never believe that they are healthy (and easy to make!) These peanut butter cookies are moist, chewy and chocolatey. They’re made with just a few ingredients, and what’s most notable is what they DO NOT include: no sugar, flour or dairy.
- 1 cup peanut butter (Or substitute almond, cashew or sunflower seed butter. See notes.)
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates (my dates were large and I used 11, but be sure to measure)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used my homemade version)
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces melted dark chocolate
- 2 scoops collagen peptides or protein powder of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the peanut butter, dates, and vanilla. Pulse until well combined and the mixture resembles a coarse paste. Add the egg and pulse to combine.
3. Roll the dough, divide into 16 balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Using a large fork, gently press down on each dough ball to flatten and create a cross hatch pattern. Transfer to the oven and bake for 9-10 minutes.
4. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
5. Melt chocolate in microwave or in a double boiler. The microwave is the simplest way. Cook for 15 – 30 seconds on high. Stir well. Continue cooking in 15 second increments until chocolate is fully melted.
6. You can either dip cookes into chocolate, drizzle it on the top, or do both!
- I recommend using organic, salted peanut butter that has no added sugar or oil. The only ingredients listed on the label should be organic peanuts and salt. However, you can substitute any salted peanut or nut butter. If your nut butter is unsalted, add a pinch of salt.
- Don’t forget to take the pits out of your dates! If your dates are dry, soak them in warm water for fifteen minutes to plump them up and drain the water before using.
- Most important tip? Do not over bake these cookies! Because this recipe has no butter, sugar, or flour, if you bake the dough for too long you will end up with a dry, crumbly cookie.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, baking, peanut butter, gluten free, gluten free cookie, cookie recipe, chocolate