This delicious and easy Asian Pork Meatloaf recipe puts an Asian twist on homestyle meatloaf by using ground pork, Asian seasonings (ginger, garlic, green onion) and topping it with an irresistibly savory-sweet soy glaze. It’s healthy, easy to prepare and really, really delicious.
Do you know about ground pork? It’s frequently used in Asian cooking and it behaves a lot like ground beef. You can find unseasoned ground pork in the meat case at most grocery stores. Make sure you buy plain ground pork and not breakfast sausage as you’ll be adding the seasonings yourself. If you don’t eat or like pork, feel free to substitute ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken thighs. This recipe is very versatile.
I like that this meatloaf is cooked on a sheet pan rather than in a traditional loaf pan. It shortens the cooking time, and ensures that everyone gets a browned and crispy edge. Here’s an easy way to form the meatloaf:
Make It A Sheet Pan Supper
You can easily make this a true sheet pan supper, by roasting vegetables at the same time on the other side of the sheet pan. My recipe for Crispy Sheet Pan Broccoli would be the perfect accompaniment. Here’s how it looked right before I popped it into the oven:
Thirty minutes later, dinner was served!
I can’t wait for you to try this Asian Meatloaf with Spicy Glaze recipe. Be sure to tag #grownupdish or @grownup_dish on Instagram so I can share your posts.
This delicious and easy Asian Pork Meatloaf recipe puts an Asian twist on homestyle meatloaf by using ground pork, asian seasonings (ginger, garlic, green onion) and topping it with an irresistibly savory-sweet soy glaze.
2 pounds ground pork (see note below for substitutions)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- small bunch green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 1/3 cup unseasoned regular or gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
For the Spicy Glaze:
- 1 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce (or coconut aminos), sambal oelek and hoisin sauce to make the spicy glaze. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, breadcrumbs, egg, and garlic and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Using your hands (preferable) or a spoon, gently mix to combine.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Shape the mixture into two tightly-packed loaves, about 7 inches by 2 inches.
- Evenly top each loaf with 1/4 of the glaze. Bake the meatloaf 20 – 25 minutes or until the meatloaf is cooked through (an instant-read thermometer should register 160°F). Remove from the oven and let rest at least 2 minutes before cutting.
- Top the cooked meatloaf with the remaining glaze. Garnish with the sliced green tops of the scallions. Enjoy!
If you don’t eat or like pork, feel free to substitute ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken thighs.
You could also shape the mixture into individual meatballs and bake them.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: recipe
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatloaf, asian meatloaf, pork meatloaf, keto, paleo, gluten-free