- I spent my first 10 years in New England, followed by 20 years in Florida, 20 years in Ohio and I now live in beautiful Colorado with my hubby and our Cavapoo Ruth.
- I’m a proud mom to two grown sons and two step-sons who are scattered around the globe in London, Kuwait and the U.S. And, I’m now a grandma (actually I’m a Z-ma!)
- I’m a recovering CEO having built and managed a marketing agency for over 20 years. I sold my company in 2016 and while I don’t miss the day-to-day work, I do miss my relationships with my clients and my team. In some ways, I feel like I lost my tribe when I sold my company. Starting this blog is an attempt to “find my people” again.
- I met my sexy husband on Match.com. Looking back, it was the perfect combination of luck and fate and finding him made me believe in second chances. We eloped in Jan 2019 followed by an epic honeymoon trip to South Africa. (Check out our wedding ceremony and video.)
- I can’t parallel park. And I’m not so great at backing up either. Ok, I’ll just say it. I’m kind of a shitty driver. I’m also not good at math.
- I’m a closet crafter; I scrapbook, knit and love photography. I don’t do any of these thing well, but I sure do enjoy them.
- Pop culture is my love language. I love books (and bookstores), movies, TV and podcasts. I’ll be sharing some of my favorites and I look forward to learning yours.
- Traveling is my jam. I spent 1982 traveling the world with Up With People, an international group of students, and ever since I get itchy feet if I stay in one place too long. I have a long list of places I want to visit and I’m looking forward to taking my GrownUp Dish readers along on my next adventure.
- I looooove a bargain although I’m willing to pay for quality. That said, I love flea markets, craft shows, garage sales, eBay and Etsy.
- My love of food runs deep. I’m usually cleaning up from one meal and thinking about what I’m going to make next. I read cookbooks for fun. I love trying new recipes, entertaining and (yes even) meal prepping. Now that I’m firmly ensconced in middle age, I’m always looking for ways to make something quick, healthy and delicious.
Bonus Fact: In 2014 I broke both arms in a bicycle accident (at the same time.) It sucked. That experience was a huge wakeup call for me about taking my health for granted, and also a big “Aha” moment about compassion, empathy and asking for help. After two surgeries, I’m fully healed now and grateful to be strong and healthy. My goals have evolved from “wanting to lose 10 pounds” (which I still wouldn’t mind doing), to maintaining a healthy lifestyle that leaves me feeling strong, happy and capable.
And yes, I know I just listed 11 things and called it 10. I told you I’m terrible at math.
Now, that’s more enough about me. Drop me a note and tell me about YOU.
And … thanks Thanks THANKS for sharing this journey with me.
P.S. I’m happy to provide all my content free. I do participate in affiliate advertising programs, including Amazon, to earn a (very small) percentage of all products linked through my website. All of the opinions expressed are my own.