Last year’s gift guide for grownups was such a hit, I’m back with a new and updated list of favorite books, cooking tools, foods, and even games that’ll fit your budget AND your friends’ and families’ tastes. Plus, thanks to Amazon Prime, you won’t even have to leave your couch to get your holiday shopping done with time to spare!
You won’t find anything here that I was paid to endorse. I’ve personally checked out every single item in the 2019 Grownup Dish Holiday Gift Guide. If it’s not something worth spending my own money on, I would never recommend it.
Dyson Airwrap – I reviewed the Dyson Airwrap hair styler a year ago but I didn’t purchase it at the time. However after recently trying it again, and talking to a girlfriend who loves it, I’m putting it at the top of this year’s holiday wish list. (I have it on good authority that Santa is bringing it!) I’m totally inept with a curling iron but the Airwrap technology gives me lots of volume and big bouncy curls, with less chance of hair damage.
Miele Countertop CM6350 Coffee Machine – When we moved this year and had to give up our built-in Bosch espresso maker, we looked at all of the high-end coffee systems – Jura, Breville, Bosch and Miele. We ultimately chose this Miele because it was compact and has a foolproof milk steaming system. It has built-in settings to make espresso, coffee, ristretto, cappuccino, caffè latte, hot milk and hot milk froth, latte macchiato and hot water. My favorite part is that it comes with a stainless steel milk container that I fill once or twice a week. The milk container lives in the fridge. When I’m ready to make coffee, I plug it into the Miele, push a button and in 2 minutes I have an amazing, hot latte or cappuccino with no mess and no work. After I make my coffee, I plug the milk hose back into the unit, and it flushes and cleans itself.
Yes, it’s a splurge. But my husband and I both use it every single day (sometimes multiple times per day) and it ends up being significantly cheaper than going to a coffee shop.
BeautyCounter Countertime Skincare Collection – Featuring plant-derived ingredients, this collection is designed to visibly firm, brighten and plump the skin. The products work together to leave your skin feeling amazing. Buy the whole collection HERE, or purchase the products individually:
- Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil – Inspired by Asian beauty rituals and informed by Japanese technology, this luxurious, lightweight cleansing oil gently yet effectively removes makeup and impurities without stripping essential lipids from the skin.
- Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence – Lightweight but deeply nourishing, this milky moisturizing essence (like a toner, but more beneficial) lends vital nutrients to the skin’s moisture barrier—instantly boosting hydration and radiance. I pat this on my damp skin twice a day and it really helps my moisturizer work harder.
- Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum – This transformative rejuvenating treatment visibly increases skin firmness and elasticity, while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Formulated with a powerful blend of peptides, amino acids, and our plant-derived Retinatural Complex, it helps enhance the skin’s moisture barrier function to optimize hydration for a radiant complexion.
- Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream – Meet your new favorite daily moisturizer. Formulated with plant-derived Retinatural Complex and Nasturtium flower extract, this velvety, revitalizing cream works to visibly plump and firm the skin while boosting hydration to protect skin from drying environmental stressors throughout the day.
- Countertime Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream – Supremely rich and deeply hydrating, this night cream supports elasticity and visibly firms while minimizing the look of fine lines and wrinkles. With continued use, wake up to more radiant, youthful-looking skin.
- Countertime Ultra-Renewal Eye Cream – high-performance eye cream revitalizes the eye area for a youthful, brighter appearance. A targeted combination of plant-derived ingredients reduces the appearance of under-eye shadows and crow’s feet for a smooth, firmed look.
Simple Human Compact Travel Mirror – This is the smaller, portable version of the amazing magnifying mirror I recommended last year (that we use at home every single day.) I’m so attached to the large one that I decided to get a small version for travel as many hotels do not provide a magnifying mirror (and if they do, it almost never has a light.) The travel version is about 4″, has a ring handle, goes a week on a charge, and lights up automatically when it is removed from its case. Consider it the perfect stocking stuffer for someone who has everything.
Comrad Athletic Compression Socks – Comrad (my favorite sock company) recently came out with a line of compression athletic socks called Allies. They’re the ONLY gym socks I’m going to wear. I’m no longer going to buy cheap packages of athletic socks. They never fit correctly, they stretch out, and they ultimately fall apart. I’d rather have just a few pairs of really high quality socks. Get $10 off with THIS LINK.
Exfoliating Dry Brush – This inexpensive natural bristle brush is a must during the winter to keep dry skin at bay. Learn more about the benefits of dry brushing HERE.
Vidya CBD Set – I recently published a CBD Guide for Grownups where I share everything you need to know about buying and using hemp extract products to support your health and wellness.
The friendly folks at Vidya CBD are offering a 20% discount to Grownup Dish readers. Use discount code Grownup20 when you order. It’s a great way to discover the benefits of CBD for yourself.
No Crumbs Left Cookbook – Hands down, my favorite cookbook of the year. Terri’s sauces (magic elixirs) are off the charts and her recipes never disappoint.
Kalona Supernatural Cheesemaking Kits – For less than $20, give your favorite foodie these dandy cheesemaking kits and they’ll be whipping up homemade mozzarella, burrata and ricotta in a few hours. Using this link will get you 25% off until 12/31/19.
The Happy Givers – I love this company! They have super cute apparel, totes, hats, and gift items (phone cases, water bottles, coffee mugs). Their message is religious but INCLUSIVE. And, 100% of their profits are donated. They directly manage and assist a children’s home in Peru, a ministry to prisoners in the United States and an assistance fund for adoptive families in East Africa… plus, relief work when there are natural disasters (Puerto Rico). I have purchased their shirts as gifts and I own several. I’m planning to buy more as holiday gifts. I love their message. USE THIS LINK TO SHOP.
Branch Basics Starter Pack – Do yourself a favor. Use this link to save $10 and order the Branch Basics Starter kit for yourself. Start the new year by cleaning your house without harmful chemicals. Read my full review for all of the details and why I love it so much.
Dropps Laundry Detergent – I am still using this non-toxic laundry detergent. Be sure to check out this post where I compared Dropps laundry detergent to Tide and ended up switching. It shows up in the mail just when I need it (in recycle-able packaging, works great, and it’s less expensive. If you want to try Dropps for yourself, use this link. You’ll get $5 off your first order (and so will I.)
Also, you can find ALL of these items 365 days/year in the SHOP section of my blog. Here are the shortcuts:
This is not an ad. I have received no compensation for the 2019 Holiday Gift Guide for Grownups post. Full disclosure: Although I’m not paid to endorse any of the stuff in this Gift Guide, if you follow my affiliate links to purchase them, I do get a small percentage as a commission—though it won’t cost you an extra penny.